This is a summary of a homily given at the funeral of a long-time parishioner of mine. I have included the readings, 1 Thessalonians 4.13-18 and and John 11.17-27, upon which the homily was based. Click on the underlined text to listen to the podcast of the homily summary.
Issuesabstinence abuse of minors Ascension baptism Benedict XVI catechesis Catholic Catholic heritage Catholic schools Communion in the hand communion on the tongue Confession consecration contrition creed devil discipleship drums Eschaton Eucharist evangelisation Extraordinary Form faith family Final Judgement generosity God's mercy God's Plan of Salvation grace Graduale Romanum Gregorain chant Gregorian Chant harrowing of hell Holy Communion Holy Spirit homily Immaculate Conception John Paul II John the Baptist kerygma Last Things lent liturgy marriage Mass Musicam sacram natural law new evangelization Orlando di Lasso Palestrina parables paschal mystery Pius X polyphony prayer real presence repentance resurrection of the dead sacraments sacred music Sacrifice on the Cross sacrosanctam concillium schola cantorum service sex education sexual morality state of grace the message Tra le sollecitudini Tranfiguration Vancouver Vatican II Voluntati obsequens William Byrd worthless slaves
- Didobonaparte on A Homily for Children Receiving First Holy Communion
- Robert Dsouza on A Homily for Children Receiving First Holy Communion
- Claudine Martina James on Homeschoolers’ Gregorian Chant Choir Begins at St Joseph’s, Langley
- Julie Butt on Homeschoolers’ Gregorian Chant Choir Begins at St Joseph’s, Langley
- marcellocaesar on This Is Going to Hurt Me More